Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Closeing Out Week Three

And its not good.
Bloginski:'bout the only thing going right. XP
Minis Painting / writing: 8 minis finished. About three-finity and two for WIPs
Gaming: 1/3 weeks, dead tired last night >:P
Spending: $104ish so far, therefore with a goal of X=$20(N-1), where N is what week it is, I'm ... $64 over

First good news, my Gatling-urai are ready to make a fine paste of the Ten Thunders' enemies. No the kneeling one isn't significantly closer 'e's jes' frigin 'uge! And the colors aren't off one really is pink metallic. That said they were a bitch to get a picture of. Really dark bits + metallics trying to cause burnout +  true, pure, glossy white on the porcelain masks is too much for my dinky little camera to handle.
There should be the results of my writing here, as you can see they aren't here. I realized the character summaries are friggin useless and as confusing as a llama on a pogo-stick in downtown Chicago without any setting. Therefore I need to go sit on my fat-ass and finally write up the damned setting beyond: weird west steam powered mythos (maybe) colonization era NotEarth thing.

As to gaming opening at work fucks me up something fierce by the time I finally get off.

On the monies front I blame Wyrd. They have loads of pretty metal and resin figures that are being discontinued and I just found out some are not getting plastic re-sculpts. So today I went and bought the last of the ones I wanted.
I'd say 90% of the re-sculpts are as good or better and those that aren't aren't bad they just lack the flair the old editions had. The only thins I think are suffering are the Desolation Engine which is purely personal preference and the Avatars. The Avatars are going from a unique sculpt for each one with an ass-load of character to a generic plinth for each faction. I'll admit I only like 4 of the 15 or so enough to buy them but I doubt any 30mm to 50mm plinth/base adapter can stand up to the individual sculpts. Also how the fuck are they going to do the Outcasts and Ten Thunders. The first are the individuals and small groups of Malifaux and the second is made up of agents who've infiltrated every other faction and a handful of Ten Thunder only assets. GRRR.

Phew. Okay, rant and blog post over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment