Saturday, January 17, 2015

Running Total and an Admission

Final Tally for January 8-14:
Blogification: Good! :)
Minis Painting / Writing: Slightly low but looking good. :)
Gaming: One 50 soul stone (average) Malifaux game on the 13th, more later but good. :)
Spending: $63ish so far, over by ~$43 therefore not so good. :(
Proof: It is maintained.

Goals for January 15-21:
Finish the 3 Gatling Samurai, type and edit the Rami LeFarve Expedition profiles I have made, get a game in, buy only necessities.

First off My game was lots of fun. I intended to have my crew light the enemy up and then bring the pain. Due to wonkyness in setup we each knew what leader the other brought and he took Kaeris with her upgrade for health from fire. My initial reaction was "well shit, now what the hell am I gunna do?" I stuck with the 35ss core I chose well ahead of time and filled the last 15 with stuff that didn't play with fire rather than scraping and list tailoring. I got my ass kicked but the incidental bad mach up wasn't the problem. He was just a better player who knew how to play his list and the schemes. I took a beating first turn and had lost by turn three but I had fun and learned so it was worth it. As usual though I think I kept forgetting my passive area buff. From now on I think I'll avoid them and stick to single model or active buffs.

And now the admission, as you probably guessed I went way past $20 the first week of January. The reason for that was an order from Reaper. It arrived this week and I am now the owner of 7 British Colonial Soldiers with no claim of accuracy and their (unofficial) "heavy weapon unit" Rhinocerix. Naturally bright red coats, dark navy blue pants, white webbing and gold piping will be their color scheme.
 The 8 members of the Horny 172nd
I really like the pose on this one for some reason.


Even monsters can fight for Queen and Country!

Proof he'll make a loyal Brit from Reaper's own site, painted by Martin Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment